2020 Signup Forms


Virginia and I have had long and heart-wrenching conversations about what to do about this year’s tour. Given the situation and the unknowns, we’ve decided to put the application deadline back to May 31st and then reassess our position. We can’t know what will happen between now and May 31. The end of September is far enough away that Apples & Art may still be possible. If COVID-19 is under control (by which mean more than 5 people gathering is safe) then we can move forward. But, if there is any risk for anyone, even the perception of risk, we will call off the tour for 2020. If you are going to apply, please do so, but don’t send us any money. We’ll bill you when and if we move forward.

In the meantime, we’ would like to open up discussion around what to do if the tour is cancelled. Virginia and I were thinking that a print and web published Apples & Art Directory might be a good alternative. We would list the contact info and expertise of all the local artists in the region and distribute it as we do the Apples & Art Brochure to tourism offices, Ontario Tourist locations and local merchants. We are hoping to finance this with any grant money we might get awarded, so there would be no cost for the listing in the Directory, and only those who consent will be listed. Anyone have any thoughts on this proposal or ideas they would like to propose?

Your input and time is greatly appreciated. Call either of us Virginia 613.936.7375 or vmnlake@gmail.com or Richard at 613.360.0485 richard@yourartscouncil.ca